Quote of the day

"When I despair, I remember that all through history,
the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and
murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end they always fall.
Think of it. Always."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Ill-fated Katana of Destiny

Of all the things you could've said
I never imagined that
Never considered the way it would cut me to the core
Split clean through; not a single drop upon withdrawal

A beautiful weapon, we both agreed
Thoughtfully crafted and designed without malign intent
But powerful beyond reason
Especially if the bearer is improperly trained

All I can do is stare in awe
As your emotion shifts
Slipping from an ecstatic fury
Into that of a lost pup

I reach out for one last touch
A fleeting remembrance of all we had
All that is
And all that could've been

Flashing picture shows flood my vision
Until I can no longer see
But I knew this moment would come
So then why am I surprised?

No comments:

Post a Comment